BLOCKCHAIN SENIOR ENGINEER
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a Senior Engineer with mobile and web experience and a passion for working with blockchain technologies to join our growing studio. This position is best-suited for someone with experience in Ethereum-based token development (ERC20), dAPP architecture, and / or blockchain exchange systems. Ideally, we’re seeking someone with ambition to lead projects and pioneer adoption of new technologies.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- You will architect and author Ethereum smart contracts in Solidity and collaborate with security auditors reviewing these contracts.
- Participate in building product features and making decisions with software architects to shape the way our technology is built.
- Communicate with external teams and customers to help implement features and coordinate product changes.
- Give advice and guidance to various teams based on the topic of blockchain technologies and drive architectural conversations.
- Be accountable for development deliverables and guiding team tasking.
- Work with engineering leads to define scope, deliverables, and identify project risks and mitigations.
- Act as a technical authority and advocate for blockchain technologies. Educate managers, peers, and key stakeholders on possibilities and limitations in the space.
- Learn and stay competitive with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices.
- Ambition, eagerness to learn, a positive attitude, and the ability to work within a team environment.
- 4+ years of experience working on web development projects in a senior or lead role.
- Systems engineering experience with distributed tech stacks.
- Practical experience with and a strong understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with cryptography and its application in reference to anonymity and security within technology.
- Experience with optimization in large scale systems.
- Experience building and managing distributed systems.
- Experience with known blockchain technologies (Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc.).
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to communicate complex ideas to both teammates and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience working with Scrum/Agile development practices and teams to develop and release products.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in a team setting and experience communicating with remote teams.
- Experience working within technical teams on live or shipped projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development tools and processes relevant to one of the following languages (C, C++, Python).
- Strong competence of version control systems and industry standard workflows (GitFlow, GitHub Flow, etc.).
- Previously shipped product using a blockchain technology.
- Experience in a fast paced startup environment.
- Experience working with consensus methods.
- Degree in mathematics or cryptography.
- Experience managing a shipped product using databases and backend technologies.
- Strong desire to learn new skills.
- Social skills collaborating with both internal and external stakeholders solving complex problems.
We believe in treating people right to build a great team for the journey ahead. If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! 🙂
- Competitive salary and meaningful long-term incentives according to this leadership role
- We use Macbooks, but we can get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Full Remote
When applying, please include the position and location you’re applying for in your email subject line. Please also include a cover letter.