Mighty Block is one of the partners of Forte, a platform to enable game publishers to easily integrate blockchain technologies into their games. We believe blockchain will enable new economic and creative opportunities for gamers around the world and have assembled a team of proven veterans from across the industry (Kabam, Unity, GarageGames, ngmoco, Twitch, Disney), as well as a $100M developer fund & $725M funding, to help make it happen. That’s where you come into play.
We are looking for a Senior Engineer with mobile and web experience and a passion for working with blockchain technologies to join our growing studio. This position is best-suited for someone with experience in Ethereum-based token development (ERC20), dAPP architecture, and / or blockchain exchange systems. Ideally, we’re seeking someone with ambition to lead projects and pioneer adoption of new technologies.
What you will do?
- You will architect and author Ethereum smart contracts in Solidity and collaborate with security auditors reviewing these contracts.
- Participate in building product features and making decisions with software architects to shape the way our technology is built.
- Communicate with external teams and customers to help implement features and coordinate product changes.
- Give advice and guidance to various teams based on the topic of blockchain technologies and drive architectural conversations.
- Be accountable for development deliverables and guiding team tasking.
- Work with engineering leads to define scope, deliverables, and identify project risks and mitigations.
- Act as a technical authority and advocate for blockchain technologies. Educate managers, peers, and key stakeholders on possibilities and limitations in the space.
- Learn and stay competitive with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices.
- Ambition, eagerness to learn, a positive attitude, and the ability to work within a team environment.
- 4+ years of experience working on web development projects in a senior or lead role.
- Systems engineering experience with distributed tech stacks.
- Practical experience with and a strong understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with cryptography and its application in reference to anonymity and security within technology.
- Experience with optimization in large scale systems.
- Experience building and managing distributed systems.
- Experience with known blockchain technologies (Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc.).
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to communicate complex ideas to both teammates and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience working with Scrum/Agile development practices and teams to develop and release products.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in a team setting and experience communicating with remote teams.
- Experience working within technical teams on live or shipped projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development tools and processes relevant to one of the following languages (C, C++, Python).
- Strong competence of version control systems and industry standard workflows (GitFlow, GitHub Flow, etc.).
- Previously shipped product using a blockchain technology.
- Experience in a fast paced startup environment.
- Experience working with consensus methods.
- Degree in mathematics or cryptography.
- Experience managing a shipped product using databases and backend technologies.
- Strong desire to learn new skills.
- Social skills collaborating with both internal and external stakeholders solving complex problems.
- An amazing culture (see our website)
- Competitive salary.
- We use Macbooks.
- Fully Remote
About Mighty Block
Mighty Block is a blockchain developer company and 1 of only 3 global partners of Forte. Mighty Block was founded by serial entrepreneurs with experience in the Software, Gaming, B2B SaaS and Online Marketplaces Industries.
Mighty Block focuses on recruiting talent from Latin America. Culture and good atmosphere are what define the company.
Headquartered in San Francisco, Forte is developing blockchain technology platforms and products built for the games industry. By tackling hard technology problems behind the scenes, Forte is forging a more collaborative future between game developers, players and creators. The founding team of Forte is composed of experts in game platform development, game design and publishing from leading companies such as Kabam, GarageGames, Unity, Linden Lab, and Gen.G Esports.