Decentraland and UNXD are calling on fashionistas to have their virtual collections ready to show in the metaverse.
Luxury marketplace UNXD, which is built on the Polygon network, and Decentraland, a virtual reality platform built on the Ethereum blockchain, plan to offer a metaverse fashion week with catwalk shows, pop-up shops and afterparties in March.
- The fashion program, Decentraland’s first, will take place March 24-27. The show will allow users to view fashion in a virtual environment and purchase outfits for their online avatars.
- In a Sunday tweet, Decentraland called for designers, brands and fashionistas to have their virtual collections ready to present in the metaverse.
- Interest in the metaverse, an environment generated by the convergence of virtual worlds, augmented reality and internet services, has exploded in recent months. By offering a collective virtual experience, it has introduced new opportunities to creators, gamers and artists.
- The metaverse may represent a market opportunity of over $1 trillion in annual revenue, crypto investment giant Grayscale said in a report earlier this year. (Grayscale is a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which also owns CoinDesk.)
- In another signal of increased interest, Facebook recently changed its corporate name to Meta and announced its metaverse will support non-fungible tokens (NFTs).
- In September, UNXD worked with Italian haute couture label Dolce & Gabbana to launch its NFT collection, Collezione Genesi, which fetched approximately $5.65 million in a sale.
- With the show, Decentraland is treading a path already opened by South Korean metaverse social media app Zepeto, according to a BBC report.
We are always looking for Web3 talent !
Mighty Block is one of the partners of Forte, a platform to enable game publishers to easily integrate blockchain technologies into their games. We believe blockchain will enable new economic and creative opportunities for gamers around the world and have assembled a team of proven veterans from across the industry (Kabam, Unity, GarageGames, ngmoco, Twitch, Disney), as well as a $100M developer fund & $725M funding, to help make it happen. That’s where you come into play.
Feel free to browse all our current open job opportunities in the following link 👇