The Walt Disney Company has announced the six companies that will be joining the 2022 Disney Accelerator.
The Walt Disney Company announced the six companies that will be joining the 2022 Disney Accelerator, a business development program designed to accelerate the growth of innovative companies from around the world. This year’s Disney Accelerator class is focused on building the future of immersive experiences and specializes in technologies such as augmented reality (AR), non-fungible tokens (NFTs), and artificial intelligence (AI) characters.
“For nearly a century, Disney has been at the forefront of leveraging technology to build the entertainment experiences of the future,” says Bonnie Rosen, General Manager of the Disney Accelerator programme.
“The Disney Accelerator is thrilled to be part of that legacy, and with our newest class of companies, we look forward to furthering our commitment to innovation and continuing to bring magical experiences to Disney audiences and guests for the next 100 years.”
The 2022 class is as follows:
- Flickplay, a Web3 social app that enables users to discover NFTs tied to real-world locations that they can experience and share via AR.
- Inworld allows users to create interactive, AI driven characters for immersive experiences.
- Lockerverse is a Web3 platform that empowers creators and brands to tell culture defining stories and deliver unique access and experiences.
- Obsess is an experiential e-commerce platform that enables brands to create immersive 3D virtual stores on their websites and on metaverse platforms.
- Polygon is a scalable blockchain network that allows developers and enterprises to build Web3 experiences.
- Red 6 is an AR company that has created a patented headset and interface that works outdoors in dynamic, high performance environments.